Glass bead sterilizers
are used to sterilize instruments like calipers, scissors, scalpel, tweezers, probes, micro-dissecting hooks, knives etc. They are highly important in medical field and beauty salons. Contamination of these instruments is a serious problem. The instruments have to be sterilized before using them on another person.
For this purpose, sterilization has to be performed. It is defined as a process that kills all microbial life, including contagious agents like bacteria, fungi, viruses, etc., which exist on the surface of the tools. Sterilization is possible through several methods that may involve heat, irradiation, chemicals etc.
The glass bead sterilizer
is one of the ways to achieve sterilization. It is a stainless steel heat unit containing a well which is filled with tiny glass beads. It is easy to use, quick and is sufficiently small allowing them to be placed on any work tables or laminar air flow work benches.
Once it is turned on, it needs 15-30 minutes to reach the appropriate temperature. A kind of mechanism is present that indicates whether it has reached the assigned temperature. The technician then can disinfect the components by dipping them into the hot beads. The heat from the beads kills the microorganisms. Researchers say that Glass bead sterilizer provides the same amount of sterilization as that of the autoclave.
- Glass Bead Sterilizer is quick i.e., it takes 10-15 seconds to disinfect the instrument.
- It can be conveniently used over alcohol or flame for decontaminating the instruments.
- It easy to use and safe and effective means of sterilization.
- Sterilization prevents the spread of any type of infection from one person to another.
- No chemicals and open flame is required when this instrument is used.
- Appropriate device for school and college laboratories.
- Total sterilization of the dipped part is achieved.
- Rusting of the metal instruments is eliminated by using glass bead sterilizer.
One concern is the temperature variance in the unit. The beads are round and as a result they do not cover the entire well surface. Hence, some people express that the device is inadequate for sterilizing the lab instruments. They are used in conjunction with other sterilizers and as back up units. Another concern is that the glass bead sterilizers decontaminate only the portion that is dipped into the beads. The handle still remains contaminated.
- Science research Laboratories
- Tissue culture
- Medical clinics
- Dental clinics
To know more about our services visit http://www.glassbeadsterilizer.net
>> Send Inquiry <<